Candidates matching one of the general entry requirements for PhD students will be assessed in accordance with the specific criteria and merits for each programme. Information relating to application procedures and requirements are included in the programme structure for each course.
The decision to offer a student a place on a UDC PhD programme is the result of an application-specific evaluation process, and does not affect the academic or professional status of the candidate’s existing qualifications.
See also UDC PhD Policies and Regulations, Article 16: Applications.
places offered in academic year 2023/2024
Recommended profile of admission
Students who have completed a good academic performance with a master's degree in the field of economic and business studies who have become familiar with the main theoretical paradigms and methods of empirical analysis of their specialization.
It is understood by good academic performance that the said student obtained an average qualification of notable in the previous studies. By sufficient theoretical and empirical training, it is generally understood to have accredited a course in econometrics (6 credits) and microeconomics (6 credits) or finance (6 credits) and business economics (6 credits) of advanced level.
In addition, those students from other master's programs who, in the opinion of the CAPD, enable the students to successfully tackle it may be admitted. An example of this may be students in master's programs in engineering, mathematics or statistics.
In the event that the candidate lacks the previous training required in this program, his / her admission will be subject to the passing of the specific training supplements that the CAPD determines.
Application general procedure
Applications and registration for PhD programmes will be made using the online application system on the UDC website, accompanied by all necessary supporting documents. Applications and registration for external students will be made here.
If you need more information, you can check this sources the Application general procedure.
Specific access requirements of the CAPD
The application for admission will be made through the Virtual Secretary, and the supporting documentation will be submitted to the UADI of the center. Applications for part-time enrollment, change of enrollment and temporary leave will be sent to the CAPD and the UADI will be presented at the center.
The CAPD will publish the provisional and definitive listings of admitted students in the web of the program, in the portal of studies of the UDC. Claims to the provisional list will be addressed to the CAPD and submitted to the UADI of the center.
The admission criteria are specifically mentioned in the program memory. The different aspects mentioned are specified in the following scale:
1. Curriculum of the candidate (35%). Aspects related to the degree and / or master's studies carried out, as well as the official qualifications, courses and training activities received and / or taught will be fundamentally evaluated. It will also evaluate those merits and activities that the CAPD, in a motivated way, consider best suited to develop the research activity within the lines of research of the program, including the opinion of the possible thesis supervisor, to proceed.
2. Qualifications obtained in the degree and / or mastery that it has realized (25%). 10% will correspond to the degree and 15% to the master's studies.
3. Prior research training (10%) Initiation to research and TFM; participation in research projects or contracts.
4. Knowledge of languages (15%) Accrediting A2 level corresponds to 5%, and B1 level 10%; crediting level B2 or higher corresponds to 15%.
5. Professional experience (15%) Experience in fields related to the areas of knowledge of the program; activities in the elaboration and management of public policies.
It will be positively considered that the candidate has contacted before applying for admission with a possible thesis supervisor and that this person has agreed to direct it.
The application for admission (or registration renewal) and enrollment in PhD studies will be carried out according to the terms approved by the Governing Council of the UDC.
See information on how to register for UDC PhD courses.